- Advisory board
Lazada Group , General Counsel & Head of Government Affairs
Gladys Chun is the General Counsel of Lazada Group, a subsidiary of Alibaba Group. As the GC, Gladys leads the Legal, Compliance and Corporate Secretarial department for Lazada Group and is responsible for all legal, compliance, company secretarial matters across all countries where Lazada has a local presence including Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and China. She supports the management by providing strategic guidance in commercial strategies and risk management across various business units including Lazada (B2C platform), Lazada e-Logistics (fulfilment and logistics business) and helloPay (payments business).
Gladys started her career in corporate/commercial and tax practice before moving in-house into retail, franchising and now, technology.
Gladys has led her team to win several awards, as well as has clinched a number of professional accolades for herself. These include:
• Recipient to the inaugural Chief Legal Officer 2017 award by Singapore Corporate Counsel Association
• ‘Top 10 30-Somethings’ 2017 award by Association of Corporate Counsel, in New Orleans, USA
• Most Innovative Team of the Year, Asian Legal Business South East Asia Awards 2017 and 2018
• Financial Times Innovative Lawyers 2018 Awards – Innovation in Legal Expertise: Driving Value (In-House)
• GC Powerlist SEA Team 2018
• In-House Counsel of Distinction, The Asia Legal Awards 2017
• Legal Department of the Year, The Asia Legal Awards 2017
• Deal of the Year, The Legal Asia Awards 2017 for Alibaba-Lazada Deal
• Finalist for Chief Compliance Officer of the Year, Women in Compliance Award 2017 and 2018
• Finalist for Innovative In-House Team of the Year, the Macallan Asian Legal Business Hong Kong Law Awards 2018
• Finalist for In-House Lawyer of the Year, Asian Legal Business South East Asia Law Awards 2017
• Finalist for the Financial Times Fourth Asia Pacific Most Innovative In-House Legal Team Awards 2017
• Finalist for In-House Lawyer of the Year, Asian Legal Business South East Asia Law Awards 2016
• Editor’s In-house Counsel Choice Award by Asialaw during the fifth annual Asia Woman in Business Law Awards organized by Euromoney Legal Media Group in 2015.